The Finnish Postal Museum Foundation
Purpose of the Finnish Postal Museum Foundation
The task of the Finnish Postal Museum Foundation is to maintain and develop the Finnish Postal Museum as well as to preserve and display the cultural heritage of Finnish postal services and the forms of information and goods transport created on their basis. The Finnish Postal Museum Foundation is responsible for preservation, display and information services relating to the corporate history of Posti Group Corporation under a service agreement.
To carry out its task, the foundation will:
• Store and accumulate physical and digital materials relating to its field and offer professional museum preservation, storage and research services for materials and phenomena that are valuable in terms of cultural history.
• Maintain the museum collection.
• Organise and produce exhibitions.
• Organise events, seminars, meetings and conferences.
• Carry out research activities and produce content for various publications.
• Carry out publication activities relating to museum operations.
• Carry out teaching relating to its field.
• Prepare plans, reports and surveys in its field concerning questions relating to the storage, research and preservation of history, tradition and the present.
• Offer specialist services and be responsible for information services relating to its field.
• Offer services for the maintenance, storage, location and coordination of cultural-historical and art collections relating to its field.
• Carry out and maintain national and international co-operation in the field, possibly also participating in both national and international projects and acting as their coordinator.
• In the form of grants, awards and co-operation, support research and publication activities relating to the historical development of Finnish postal services and message conveyance and the forms of information and goods transport created on their basis as well as teaching in the field.
• Spread understanding and information about Finnish postal services and message conveyance and the forms of information and goods transport created on their basis as well as related activities.